Managed Machine Service user should be assigned these priviliges:
- Included in the Backup Operators and Administrators groups.
- Granted the Full Control permission on the folder %PROGRAMDATA%\Acronis (in Windows XP and Server 2003, %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis) and on its subfolders.
- Granted the Full Control permission on certain registry keys in the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis.
- Assigned these user rights:
- Log on as a service
- Adjust memory quotas for a process
- Replace a process level token
- Modify firmware environment values
During installation, you can specify an existing user or create a new one. The specified user will be granted necessary rights during installation. In case you need to specify the rights manually (e.g. when changing the user later)